Ever since I have posted a tutorial on how to play Clash of Clans on a computer using Bluestacks, I have received quite a few requests to make a tutorial on how to root Bluestacks 2. If you want to root Bluestacks 2 and play games like Pokemon go with location hack then stick around, cause I am going to show you exactly that.
How to root Bluestacks 2
If you try to find root method for Bluestacks emulator, you might find that a lot of people were able to root it using Kingroot app. Unfortunately, Bluestacks is aware of this method and they have already patched it and now you can not root your Bluestacks emulator using Kingroot app.
I also tried using 3rd part tools that claim to give root access to Bluestacks 2 by modifying the kernel and whole bunch of other tricks. After a lot of research, I finally found a method to root Bluestacks 2 that actually works.
I know you want to know how to root Bluestacks 2 but the problem is that all the methods are blocked by Bluestacks and the only way you can get around is by installing a Pre-Rooted version of Bluestacks.
Steps to root Bluestacks 2
- First of all, If you already have Bluestacks installed on your computer and you want to root that, you can not do that. You have to get rid of Bluestacks and then install a pre-rooted version from start. If you don’t have Bluestacks already installed on your computer, skip to step 9.
- Press the start button and type “Programs and Features”, this will take you to programs and features window where you can see all the programs installed on your computer. All the programs are sorted by name which makes our work a lot easier.
- Simply look for Bluestacks from the list and click to highlight it.
- Once highlighted, click the uninstall button as shown in the image below.
- If you see “User Access Control” window, just click yes.
- Now you will need to uninstall it. BlueStacks will ask for verification and when you see the window asking “Are you sure you want to uninstall BlueStacks App Player” Click the Yes button as highlighted below.
- Next you will see another pop up window asking if you want to keep all the files and data from your Bluestacks installation. Here you have to select No. See the image below for reference.
- Once you have completely uninstalled Bluestacks from your computer, you will need to restart your computer. This step is not required but I highly recommend that you do it.
- Download the pre-rooted version of Bluestacks 2 from this link. One thing to keep in mind is that I am not the one who installed root in this Bluestacks installer. Actually, I don’t know who did but if you want to use your accounts in Bluestacks, make sure that you have 2-factor verification ON where ever you can have it. I will not be responsible if any password theft happens to you.
- Just right click the exe file and open it as Administrator. You will see a regular Bluestacks installer, just follow the on-screen instructions and you will have rooted Bluestacks 2 on your Windows computer. You just have to click Next, Next and then Install. Everything will happen automagically.
Once you have successfully root bluestacks 2 or I should say, installed rooted version of Bluestacks 2, make sure to go through the insitail account setup and then go to Google Play Store and Download Root Checker app. If you will run that app, you will know that you have successfully rooted your bluestacks 2 emulator and now you can play with it.
If you liked this tutorial and found it helpful then please make sure to share it with others over at twitter and facebook. Also, make sure to follow us on twitter to stay up to date with all the latest tutorials and tricks.