If you are looking for the most simple GBA Emulator for your Android phone, look no further. My Boy is the right choice of Emulator for your needs. The way it works is really simple and to the point. If you are not familiar with it, let me show you how to download My Boy APK, how to install it and how to use it to play your favorite retro games on your Android phone.
This article provides you with the information regarding Gameboy games. This article should only be used to play a GBA game on your phone if you own a copy of that game. I do not take any responsibility for any piracy you do. You are solely responsible for your actions. The instructions given in this post are for educational purposes only.
Also read: Best PS3 Emulator for Android – APK Download
What is My Boy Emulator?
Before we look at My Boy, lets see what is an Emulator. For those who don’t know, an emulator is anything that emulates what it actually is not. In the case of My Boy, the app allows your Android phone to act as a Gameboy. This enables it to run any GBA Game that you wish to play. With emulation, you can play GBA games without having a Gameboy Advance in your possession.
The way My Boy works is very simple. You just have to install it and then open the game file in it. Everything else is handled by the emulator APK itself.
Download My Boy APK
The my boy app is available in the Google Play Store. Unlike Apple, which doesn’t allow any emulators on the App Store, Google allows it. You can download and install the My Boy Emulator from Google Play Store. But sometimes the Play Store starts acting weird or you might not have it on your phone in the first place. Whatever the case might be, I will be providing you the download link for My Boy APK and Google Play link as well.
How to install My Boy APK
For those of you, who have downloaded My Boy GBA Emulator from Play Store, you don’t need to follow this installation. Play store automatically installs every app that you download from there. You can install the My Boy APK, just like any other APK file. These installation instructions are only for those who don’t know how to install an APK file.
- First, download My Boy APK file from the link given above. I recommend that you download it on your phone. But if you prefer downloading on a computer, you will need to copy the APK file to your phone.
- Now you will need to enable APK installation on your Android phone. By default, Android doesn’t allow 3rd party app installation for security reasons. But you can change this setting very easily. For that, open settings and navigate to security settings. Here you will need to enable the option called ‘Unknown Sources’
- Next step is the APK Installation. Open file manager and go to the location where the APK file is stored. Open the APK file and it will show you an installation screen. Press the Install button and the My Boy will get installed.
How to use the My Boy GBA Emulator?
After the download and install of the My Boy APK, let me show you how to use it. Even though it’s not that difficult but still, I don’t leave anyone behind in my tutorials.
- When the first time you will open the My boy app, you will notice that it straightaway asks for a game. The emulator has many useful features but it gets to the main job right away.
- All you have to do is load a Game Boy game on your Android phone’s sdcard and open the game file inside the My Boy Emulator. The game will start automatically.
Some features of the My Boy emulator
- You can use a wireless game controller to play any games of your choice on your phone.
- The emulator allows you to resize and change the layout of the on-screen keys to your liking.
- If you are playing a game that has a campaign mode, you can save your progress and then resume from the same place again.
- There are banner ads in the free version but they are not as annoying as full screen ads. You can buy the ad free upgrade to remove all ads.
To conclude, I can say that My Boy is the simplest Gameboy emulator for Android. With all the key features and without any fuss. And as you can download My Boy APK and install it on my Android device, it becomes a really versatile option. Lastly, I want to ask you to share this review of the My Boy emulator with your friends. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for more future updates.