PlayStation is one of the most popular gaming consoles. Ever since Sony introduced 1st PlayStation, every generation of PlayStation has been best seller. If you want to play PS2 games on Android phone, stick around and I will show you multiple methods of the same.
If you are wondering why PlayStation 2 specifically and why not PS3 and PS4, reason of that is latest generations of PlayStation are a lot more powerful. That is why Android phones can’t emulate PlayStation 3 or 4 titles on their low powered Chipsets. Even Playstation 2 games don’t work on mid range Android phones and you will need high end latest Android phones to play PS2 game smoothly.
This tutorial is only made for educational purposes and only for those who have bought PlayStation 2 games. Abs they wish to play those PS2 games on Android phone. If you will download or play any game that you have not purchased, you will commit a crime and revkid.com will not take any responsibility for any of your actions. You are responsible for all of your actions and their reactions.
How to play PS2 games on Android
There are several ways to accomplish this but I will only show you the best among them. And that is to use a PS2 Emulator.
- Open Settings of your Android phone and navigate to security section and here you have to look for “Unknown Sources”
- Make sure that “Unknown Sources” is turned ON. If it is not enabled then tap on it to enable it. This option allows you to install apps from source other than Google PlayStore.
- Now you will need to download the APK file for PS2 Emulator on your Android device. I have given direct download link for the APK file below. Just click the link given below and download will start.
- After the Emulator is downloaded, open the APK file and install it just like any android app. Press Install and wait for the PS2 Emulator to install.
- You will also need to have a file manager installed on your phone. Most of the Android phones have a file manager built in. If you are using an HTC phone or any other phone that doesn’t come with file manager then you can get one from here.
- Last step is to download an ISO file for the PS2 game you want to play on your Android phone. I can not tell you from where you can get the ISO files for the games because of copyrights. You have to get your hands on the ISO file for yourself.
- Once you have downloaded the iso file for the PS2 game, you will need to open the file manager and move the iso file to the “Play Data Files” folder as shown in the image below.
- Last step is to open the “Play” PS2 Emulator and refresh untill the game is detected by the Emulator. Once you see the game listed inside the Emulator, you can tap on the game and open it to start playing it.
That is it for this quick tutorial on how to play PS2 games on Android. If you found this tutorial helpful and you were able to play your PS2 collection on your A droid phone then make sure to share it with your friends. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for more updates like this.