Did you ever want to download something from torrents on your iPhone or iPad but couldn’t do it because Apple doesn’t allow torrent apps? Well, today I will help you solve this issue. Let me show you the best and easiest way to download torrents on iPhone without Cydia. Yes, that’s right. You will be able to download torrents on iPhone without jailbreak.
Torrents on iPhone without Cydia
Before I show you how to download torrents on iPhone, let me make it very clear that I am not supporting any kind of piracy. I am writing this tutorial only for educational purposes and as a proof of concept. You can use it to download legal torrents as well as piracy but this is the case for almost everything in life. Neither I nor revkid.com will take any responsibility for any of your actions. Piracy is a serious offense and we do not support it in any way, shape or form.
How to download?
The reason why you can not download torrents on iPhone is that Apple does not allow any such app in their App Store. And without AppStore support, there is very little that you can do. Basically, to download the torrents on iPhone, we will be using apps that are legally available for free in the AppStore. Let me show you how.
- First of all, you will need to find the torrent that you wish to download. You will also need to have enough space on your iPhone or any other iOS device to store the torrent. You can check the available space of your iPhone by going into Settings > General > Usage.
- Now click here using your iPhone and this link will take you to a site called Seedr. Basically, it is a service that downloads and stores torrents in the cloud for you. You will get 2 GB of storage for free but if you will use the link given above, you will get 500MBs extra. I have already maxed out my free account so I don’t get any “benefit” for sharing my invite link.
- Once you have signed up for the service, you will get a certain amount of space in the cloud to store torrents. Free accounts get 2GB of storage but you can increase it to 8GB by sharing it with others. You can download torrents, delete the files and reuse the storage but if you want to download larger torrents, you will need to subscribe to a premium account.
- Now we will need to load the torrent to the Seedr space. Simply copy the torrent magnet link from the source and paste it into the Seedr account. If the torrent has enough seeders, it will start downloading the files in the cloud for you. Most of the times, the download is instant.
- After the torrent download, to the cloud, has been completed, we need to download the files to our iPhone. For that, you will need an app that can handle downloads. I recommend that you get Document app from the AppStore.
- Open the Document app and log in to the seedr account using the inbuilt browser. After that, simply press the download icon next to the torrent and the files will be downloaded to your iPhone. You can also copy the download URL of any file from the Seedr account and download only that file.
As I said earlier, there can be a lot of positive uses of torrents and if we take them into account, I personally think that downloading torrents on iPhone should be allowed. Anyways, now you know how to download torrents on iPhone without Cydia. If you like this tutorial and want to help us spread the word, make sure to share it with others and follow us on twitter for more tutorials like this.