Have you ever been in a situation where you are not sure if your phone has root permission or not? I don’t know about you guys but I certainly have been there. I like to install custom ROMs every now and then but sometimes you are not sure about root access of the ROM. This is where Root Checker comes handy. Let me show you how to download and use Root checker APK to check if your phone is rooted or not.
Root Checker APK Latest Version download and Review
There are many misconceptions about rooting an Android phone and how this is the worst thing that can happen to your phone. It is not the case, actually quite opposite of this. For a better understanding of the readers, I have broken this article down into multiple parts. If you are here just to download the latest apk of Root Checker then feel free to click the download link given below.
What is rooting and why you should do it?
Rooting is a process in which you, as a user can get access to edit and modify the core files of your Android device. Almost all of Android manufacturers, with the exception of a hand full, don’t allow rooting and will void the warranty if they are able to find traces of root. That is understandable because of root access, just like anything is life, can be used for both good and bad reasons. For example, you can improve your Android phone’s battery backup by underclocking it’s processor a little. Or you can do the opposite by overclocking it.
You May Also Like: Root External 2 Internal SD – Use SD Card as Internal Memory
You can do virtually anything with your Android phone if you have root access. I can write a complete book on the potential uses of root access but I have mentioned only a couple of them, just to save time.
- You know that not every Android phone is built the same. What I mean by that is if you have 2 of the same phones, the hardware potential will vary a little between them. Manufacturers clock the processors to a safe frequency that every phone can handle. Root will allow you to get 100% out of your phone by overclocking it.
- Root access allows you to change your phone’s ROM completely. What I mean by that is there are a ton of custom ROMs that are built for every Android phone out there. With root, you can get rid of all the useless bloatware and get an experience that you like.
- You can even use your phone’s hardware to perform certain kind of tasks that are forbidden without root. For example, there are some root apps that allow you to hack Wi-Fi networks.
- With apps like Freedom APK, you can even get in-app purchases for free with root.
As I said earlier, I can go on and on with this list but let’s not waste our time and cut to the chase. Let me tell you about some features of Root Checker app and show you how to download and use it step by step.
Features of Root check app (Misconception)
Root Checker is a very basic app that lets you check if your phone is rooted or not. But I don’t know why there is a misconception among the users of this app. The misconception is that this app installs root access on your Android. I wanted to make it clear that you can not root your Android phone by Root Checker app. This app will only show you if your phone has root or not. Besides that, this app has some extra features as mentioned below.
- It shows you the version of Android your phone is running. For me, it is Android 6.0 Marshmallow as you can see in the image below.
- You will also be able to see the screen resolution of your Android phone. This might not sound important at first but think about it. If you have bought your phone from someone on eBay and you don’t want a fake phone, you can verify screen resolution using root checker app. Most of the fake phones have lower than original display resolution.
- Of course, you can check the root status by clicking the “Verify Root” button.
- Last but certainly not the least is the option to read in-depth about what is root, why you should do it, and how to root.
Root Checker APK Latest Version download
If you are here just to download the latest version of Root Checker APK, feel free to press the download button given below and start the download of the app. I have added a direct link to the APK file which means there are no popups or surveys. Press the download button and the APK file will be downloaded.
Please note that this is not the paid version of the app. We, here at revkid.com, don’t promote piracy. The developers of games and apps work very hard to bring these incredible apps to us and they deserve to have every bit of revenue from these apps.
How to use?
As I said earlier, root checker is an app that comes in handy if you are not sure whether your Android phone is rooted or not. If you are also in the same uncertainty, let me show you how to use this app.
- First of all, you will need to download the Root checker APK file on your Android phone or computer. If you downloaded it on your computer, you will have to copy it over to your phone.
- Now you will need to enable the app installation from unknown sources. This essential because Android has a lock that keeps away Apps that are not from Google Play Store. All you have to do is open Settings and navigate to security section. Here you will need to look for ‘Unknown Sources’ and enable it.
- After that you can go ahead and open the file manager and open the APK file on your phone. Now you will see an installation screen. Just press “Next” and then press install for the app to get installed on your Android phone.
- Last step is to open the app and press the “Verify Root” button. If your phone is rooted, you will see a pop-up asking you to grant Root access. If that popup shows up, grant Root access and Root checker will tell you that your phone is rooted. Otherwise your phone will be shown as unrooted.
Aa simple as it sounds, this app removes a very big confusion among users. One thing that you should keep in mind is that it will not be able to detect Root if the phone has been unrooted. It can only detect Root that is currently installed.
That is it from this post on how to download Root checker APK and install it on your Android. If you found this tutorial useful then make sure to share it with others and help us spread the word. If you have any questions regarding this app, feel free to drop them in the comments section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.