This is the easiest way to Jailbreak ANY VERSION of iOS 13 using the Checkra1n Jailbreak. No terminal commands needed, let’s get started. In this tutorial I am going to show you how to Jailbreak ANY supported iPhone running any version of iOS 13 using the Checkra1n Jailbreak. The best thing about this Jailbreak is that it is based on a hardware based exploit. This means that Apple can not patch this exploit using software updates. Now before we start the Jailbreak, make sure to check the supported devices list below. You can only Jailbreak your iPhone or iPad if it is listed in the supported devices list.
How to Jailbreak ANY VERSION of iOS 13 using Checkra1n Jailbreak
I will be jailbreaking my iPhone X which is running the latest iOS 13.2.3. just to show you that it indeed works. And don’t worry, it will work on any version of iOS 13.
List of supported devices
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s / 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 2
Support coming soon for
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro 1st Gen
- iPad 5th Gen
Things you will need
Usually I do not include this section in my tutorials but I have to make an exception for this one. That’s because as of writing this tutorial, this method only works on Mac OS. Support for Windows PC is also coming soon, and to stay upto date on that, make sure to follow @checkra1n on Twitter
How to Jailbreak iOS 13 using Checkra1n
First of all, you will need to download a couple of utilities on your Mac computer. These are Reiboot for Mac OS and the Checkra1n exploit. The Reiboot will let us reboot out iPhone into recovery and this is a requirement for Checkra1n Jailbreak to work.
- Once installed, connect your iPhone to the computer using a lightning cable. If your iPhone asks you to trust the connection, make sure to press the trust button.
- Now open the Reiboot utility on your Mac, it should automatically detect your iPhone. Click on the Reiboot to recovery button. Wait for your iPhone to reboot into the recovery mode.
- Next up, right click on the Checkra1n Jailbreak application and select open.
- Click on start button and now read the on screen instructions.
- Once you fully understand the instructions, click start. Make sure to follow the instructions exactly as they are written.
- If everything goes smoothly, your iPhone screen will show some terminal commands being applied and after that it will reboot to iOS 13.
- Last step is to open the newly installed Checkra1n app and install Cydia from it.
That’s it for this tutorial on how to Jailbreak ANY version of iOS 13 using the Checkra1n Jailbreak. If you liked this tutorial and found it to be helpful, then make sure to share it with others and also don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for more content like this.