If you have been live streaming to YouTube or Twitch for a while, you might have thought of multi-streaming or simulcasting as some like to call it. And I am pretty sure that it doesn’t matter how much you have tried to search online, everyone seems to recommend restream.io. Don’t get me wrong, I am not against Restream.io. They are amazing company, providing top quality services. But if you want to live stream to your Facebook page and YouTube or Twitch, you will need to upgrade to their premium plan. This is fine if you are making money from Live Streaming, but if you are not making money then it can add up very quickly. Well, today I will tell you about a Free Alternative to Restream.io. This will allow you to Live stream to Facebook Page, YouTube Channel, Twitch, Mixer and any other service at the same time.
Free Alternative to Restream.io – Multi-Stream to Facebook, YouTube, Twitch & Mixer
The service I am going to recommend is called Mobcrush. They have been in the multi-streaming for quite a while and they have made a fairly intuitive platform. But unfortunately, they have not been able to come in the limelight, atleast not like restream.io has. Another reason why you might be hearing about them for the first time is because they are more focused towards mobile games.
If you want to live stream from your iPhone, iPad or Android phone, I would recommend you to atleast give Mobcrush a try.
Disclaimer: The sign up link given above is an affiliate like. If you decide to register using my link, I will get a small referral commission at no extra cost to you.
Features of Mobcrush:
- Restreaming to multiple websites at the same time. This includes Facebook Page, YouTube Channel, Twitch Channel, Mixer Channel and any custom RTMP destination. For example, if you want to stream to Hitbox or any other site as well, you can simply paste their stream URL and stream key in Mobcrush dashboard and it will send your stream to that site as well.
- It allows you to set the Game, Stream Title and Description for all of the destinations right from your Mobcrush studio dashboard. The only thing you will need to keep in mind is that you will need to update this information before every live stream. They do make it easy for you to autofill the information from your previous stream, but you need to click the ‘Save Broadcast Info’ button. There is no “Set it and Forget it” kind of option yet.
- Monetization: The fact that they give you opportunities to make money through their platform is another plus point for Mobcrush. You can take part in their Campaign offers to make some extra cash. They claim that their content creators are making $20/day, but your mileage may vary.
- Action Replays: To enable this feature, you will need to add it as a source inside your broadcasting software. Basically it automatically creates highlights of your best moments in the gameplay. Currently, this feature is in beta and very limited games are supported. Mainly, Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends & Rocket League.
How to start using Mobcrush:
- First of all, click on the signup link and register a free account. You don’t need to pay anything or even give your payment details to them. It is a completely free service.
- Now once you are logged into your mobcrush account, click on your username at the top right corner of the page and select Social Accounts.
- Here you will need to link all of your social accounts that you plan to broadcast your livestream to. For YouTube, select link your Google account and it will give you a list of all your YouTube channels to choose from.
- After the social accounts have been successfully linked, click on the Stream option from the left bar menu and setup your live stream settings. You can turn ON/OFF the social accounts before starting the streaming if you don’t want to stream to some platform. No need to unlink and link the accounts again.
- Now you will need to setup your broadcasting software. I am using OBS studio, but if you have ever setup your choice of broadcasting software before, it should be easy. Just open the settings and go to the stream settings of the broadcasting software.
- Copy the Stream URL and Stream Key from the Mobcrush Studio page and paste them into the stream settings of the broadcast software.
- For the bitrate, they recommend you the minimum bitrate. Which is 1800 to 3000kbps for 720p and 3000+ for 1080p streaming. But if you feel like you want to stream at a higher bitrate, you can do it without any problems.
Now before starting the broadcast, make sure to enter the broadcast info on the stream page of the Mobcrush studio page and click the “Save Broadcast Info” If you forget to do it, it will start broadcasting without the proper title and description.
That’s it for this review of the best free restream.io alternative. If you like this review and found it to be helpful then make sure to use my referral link to signup and also don’t forget to share it with others. Have a great day.