Download any Cydia tweak for free using Cydown
Many times we search for a particular solution for our iPhone problem and get to know that the solution is available as a Cydia tweak. So we jailbreak our iPhone hoping that after jailbreak we will be able to install that tweak and everything will be good. But then we find out that the tweak in question is not available for free. This can be really annoying. Today I will tell you how you can download and install any Cydia tweak from the official source for free.
Disclaimer: I just want to let you know that the developers spend their valuable time developing the Cydia packages and I don’t take any responsibility if you end up being a pirate. I personally use CyDown just to try Cydia tweaks and if the tweak fulfills my needs, I purchase it from the official source.
Download paid Cydia tweaks for free using Cydown
The beauty of jailbreak is that virtually any problem with iOS can be solved, many times for free. Getting paid tweaks for free is also a problem with probably a third world one. 😀 Wanna use multiple social accounts on your iPhone? Get Slices here, want to hack Clash of Clans? See our tips and tricks here.
Enough of talking, lets start downloading paid Cydia tweaks and apps for free. I am going to use the legendary CyDown Cydia tweak which works on any iOS version including iOS 9.
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have Cydia installed on your iPhone which is the most obvious thing in this whole guide.
- Open the Cydia app and then tap in the “Sources” tab on the bottom bar of the Cydia app.
- Next, you have to tap on Edit in the top right corner and tap on “Add” button on the top-left corner. Take a look at the picture shown below.
- Now you need to enter this URL in the pop-up. Make sure that you enter http:// only once. http://repo.xarold.com/
- Cydia will start to load all the packages details from the newly added source and after it’s done, tap on “Return to Cydia” button and then tap “Done”in the top right corner.
- Now we will download the CyDown tweak which will help up download and install any Cydia package for free.
- Search for CyDown in the Cydia Search and the package should pop right on top. Install Cydown like any other package.
- Once the tweak is installed, Respring your iPhone once and your should be good to go.
- Now just to test if Cydown is working or not, go to any paid Cydia tweak page and you should see a box indicating that the package is Officially Purchased.
Note: At the time of publishing this guide, Xarold repository had the latest version of CyDown which is 6.2.3. If you find even newer version somewhere else in the future, don’t forget to let me know by commenting below and I will be more than happy to include that in the guide.
Download Paid Cydia tweaks and apps for free
Just in case if Cydown is not available for your iOS version or it is not cutting for you, I have found some of other awesome sources from where you can download almost any Cydia tweak, app and theme without paying anything. These sources are very famous and you will be able to find almost any tweak there.
- Open Cydia
- Go to Sources section and tap on the “Edit” Button.
- Now Tap on Add button and you shall see a pop up asking for Cydia source URL.
- Here I want you to add all the given sources 1 by 1. You have to enter 1 URL, then tap on Add URL and then again add another URL.
That is it for this quick guide, If you found this guide helpful, perhaps you will find some of our other guides helpful as well. Don’t forget to share, Like and comment below. Also join our E-mail list and get our awesome iPhone guides in your inbox.
Thanks brother, free cydia source and support a variety of tweaks on my iphone 5
Bro cy down downloads paid cydia tweaks but after purchasing tweak it says activate thetweak by downloading certificate then what should we do ?
Thanks alot for the tutorial, the application is updated btw you might want to update the guide.
hi in mine cyida there is no add button. just refresh and edit
Add option appears when you tap Edit.
I’m on version 6.9.7 just so you know