Dm-Verity Verification Failed on Samsung Phones [FIX]
A lot of people have started facing this very strange error on their Samsung Galaxy smartphones. Previously I thought that this error is affecting a very small batch of phones but recently I started receiving more and more requests for this error. Basically, Samsung Galaxy smartphones go in a bootloop and when you boot it up, it shows dm-verity Verification failed error on the screen. If you are also facing this issue on your android phone, today I will answer all your queries regarding this error once and for all.
What is DM-Verity Verification failed Error?
This error mainly comes if you try to flash some recovery or ROM that is not built for your phone on your Samsung Galaxy phone. A lot of people tried installing ROMs that were meant for some other variant or another phone altogether and ended up with this dm-verity Verification failed error.
If your phone is not rooted and you don’t install any custom recovery or ROM on your phone, you should not have this error.
How to Fix dm-verity verification failed error
There are a couple of things that you will need before starting this process and your phone’s warranty is already void. It is not because of this fix, it is because of the cause of dm-verity verification failed error which is rooting.
- A windows computer, You might be able to do it on a MAC but I don’t have any idea about that because I have fixed this on a Windows Computer multiple times without any problem.
- A decent internet connection. If you have a decent internet connection then the time required for this fix could be decreased by a lot.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Odin flash tool. This flash tool is used to flash almost all on Samsung phones and it is essential in this procedure as well. Download it from here.
- USB drivers for your phone will also be needed. Download the Samsung USB drivers from here and install them on your PC. After installation, don’t forget to restart your computer.
- You will need to download some files, but those files will make more sense to you during the actual procedure.
Fixing dm-verity verification failed error
- First of all, You will need to download the official Samsung Firmware for your phone. This is a very important step and I would recommend you to get the correct firmware for your phone from sammobile.com. If you don’t know what model number your phone is, try looking at the box of your phone.
- Next, You will need to put your Samsung Galaxy in download mode. For that, you will need to press and hold VolUp + Power + Home key for 5 seconds and you will see a warning screen. This is normal, don’t worry.
- Here you can see that to enter Download mode, we will need to select Continue which is selected with the VolUp key. Press VolUp key and you should now be in the Download mode.
- Now connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable. I recommend that you should use the original Samsung USB cable and avoid using 3rd-party cables.
- After your phone is detected by your computer, extract the firmware of your phone and also extract the Odin zip file. The firmware is usually a big file so it might take some time, be patient.
- Once done, open Odin folder and there you will be able to find a file called odin3.exe, as soon as you will open the Odin file, you should be able to find your phone detected by it in the first box. If your phone is not detected by Odin, trying re-installing USB drivers.
- Click on AP button and select the tar.md5 file which you found after extracting the firmware. Usually, AP file is quite a massive file and it takes a couple of minutes for Odin to respond. Don’t worry if Odin starts showing “Not Responding” It’s normal.
- The last and final step is to click on the “Start” button. This will initiate the flashing process and if you want to have your phone back to normal, don’t disconnect your phone and don’t power off your PC. It will be a disaster if that happens.
- After a couple of minutes, you will see ‘PASS’ status in Odin window with green color. This is the time when you can disconnect your phone from the computer and boot it just like normal.
If everything went right, you will be able to boot into your phone normally. Don’t worry if it takes up to 15 minutes to start because this is the very first start of the phone after the firmware refresh and it takes that much time to build all the data for the built in apps.
Stuck at Samsung Logo?.
This part of the tutorial is only for those whose phone is stuck at “Samsung” logo and it is not proceeding even after 15 minutes of wait.
- Press and hold VolUp + Power + Home key together for 5 seconds and your phone should reboot into recovery mode.
- This is the mode where you can factory reset your phone. Navigate the recovery mode by using the volume keys and press the power button to select the “Wipe data/Factory Reset” option from the list.
This will eliminate any kinks and conflicts that the fresh firmware might have on your phone. After you have successfully factory reset your phone, just reboot it and wait for 10 minutes and it should start working like a brand new phone.
That is it for this tutorial, I hope that you were able to fix that dm-verity verification failed, Need to check DRK first error and if you found this tutorial helpful then please make sure to share it with your friends at social media and also follow us on twitter .
Hi, my name is Ricardo.
I couldn´t found the BL archive. The firmware i downloaded from samsung only has one file. The md5 file. So I just flash it through AP following the steps above and continue stuck in the recovery menu., although ODIN process is successfully finished.
I need help please!
Hi Ricardo, had the same issue. Probably too late for you, but hopefully will help someone else who ends up here… Use the AP option for the md5 file.
does it need to root the phone? my s7 edge’s device status right now is in official. i didn’t download any custom rom because it might damage the phone. but same as others I received the DM-varity verification failed error. now, the question is, when using odin, do i need to root my phone, or no? thanks.
No, you don’t need to root your phone. Odin is official Samsung tool which works without root.
so even when I use the odin, the device would still be official?
Hello I have a galaxy S6 SM-G920T
The problem that I have is that I already manage to install it with the official ROM of Samsung using odin ends, the phone is reset, installing system arrives at 50% sale erasing is reset and only remains in the logo of Samsung galaxy s6 and from there enter the recovery And I get this error.
No support single sku
Supported api 3
Fail code: 0x02
Bisa kah memperbaiki samsung galaxi j 2 yang gagal dm tanpa menggunakan pc atau komputer
Hello, i have the same problem except odin wont even detect my phone. I’ve tried with several USB cables and also USB ports and nothing happens. also Kies wont detect it nor Samsung Switch. I’m guessing my phone doesn’t have any firmware since I was downloading one and my brother accidentally disconnected my phone. I also get the Dt-verity verification failed when I go to the menu to wipe my phone. I’ve tried to select upload firmware from ADB or external device and it gives me a message on the bottom that says fail.
Any ideas on what this problem might be?
You will need to fix the DRK using z3x box, contact some repair guy.
Bisa kah memperbaiki samsung galaxi j 2 yang gagal dm tanpa menggunakan pc atau komputer
What about A5 samsung is it the same
Yes, it should work on A5 as well.
Hi, Steve. I have a Galaxy J7. When I turn it on it says:
Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data.
I don’t want to lose all of my data. Do you know what ma have caused this to happen? Also, is there any way around doing a factory reset?
Thanks for your time.
I don’t think there is a way to fix it without factory reset. If you have International version of Galaxy J7, then you can try to install TWRP recovery and take a backup of your data into an SD card.
After that you will have to reset all of your phone’s partitions except ‘boot’ from twrp.
Last step would be to install the firmware and then restore the backup via twrp.
Were you able to fix this? I have the same problem.
I had that just happened to me, I lost quite a bit of things :/. I did a factory reset. I’m just reading now if anybody has had an issue similar to mine. This happened at 10:00p.m. last night, so I was in panic just trying to get a usable phone. It did asked if I wanted to recover apps and stuff that I had, it recovered most of the, not all. Most were in google play. I lost some “notes” that i had an app for. It does not want to install that app anymore. I still have no clue why it happened. The first time it asked for my PIN and I put it in, then that same message showed up.
I am having the same error. But after using odin and installing the stock rom. my phone would be stuck on the samsung logo. If I press vol+up+home+power btn, the error on the buttom is dm verify verification error. I already tried wipe data or factory reset but still no luck. I am still stuck in the same error code plus this is showing “E failed to mount /efs Invalid argument”. hope you could help me.
How we willcan be able to get our datahands back after installation of firmware?
You can not get your data back. The only data you can get back is the one stored on your SD Card.
Hi, I cannot get the Odin program to open after download, it flashes on the screen and disappears. Is there another link/program I should try to download first? The USB drivers downloaded and open fine. I have dm-verity message on my Note 4.
What if sammobile don’t have my firmware SM-S907VL from straight talk
Hi that is very helpful, thank you very much. It did not work at the first time i tried because the link to Odin is the old one. You must to use Odin3.
Hi, I am performing this now, it has been running for more than an hour, is that normal?
I wan to correct your guide to enter download mode “Press VolDn key and you should now be in the Download mode.” to continue press Volume Up key.
hey steve thanks buddy . but how to extract the firmware and what should be our target extension for firmware extraction
You can use any free tool like 7zip to extract the firmware file. The firmware extension that we need is tar.md5
after applying aforementioned steps my Samsung galaxy s6 edge 925F is stuck in verifying DMverity Hash tree. i have factory reset data and wipe cache partion as well
You will have to take your phone to Samsung service center.
In my samsung glaxy s6 i am stuck on a black screen showing”SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 POWERED BY ANDROID”.But not from 15 minutes,it is stuck there from many hours.When i open recovery mode,it shows dm verity error in the downward side of screen.what should i do?
I have this error not because of the root, but because I tried to factory reset my phone and after I did that I have dm-verity verification failed. If I take it to warranty, will my phone get fixed?
Yes, If your phone is under warranty, take it to the service center and they should take care of the rest.
Please help Me. I have My Samsung GAlaxy S6 Edge that was on Android 5.1.1 and due to the status reading custom as a result of previous installation. I wanted to restore the status to “official”. I went to Sammobile to download to correct S6 Edge G25F Firmware (it look like android 7.0) it wrote and also downloaded the latest Odin3.12.3. but after loading the firmware and getting a Pass, the phone rebooted but was stuck on ‘dm verity’ error page.After wiping off/factory resetting, it keeps coming back to the error page. I downloaded the custom Rom again for S6 and loaded but i got another “”Fail” error from Odin application at the end of the process.
Where do I go from here please. all i wanted was just to change the status from custom to official so as to enable OTA updates but all is messed yup now.
PLEASE HELP OUT!!!
You will need to take your phone to the Service Center and they will fix it for you. It needs special hardware that is only available at the Official warranty center.
Hopefully you are still responding to comments on this error. So myg530T1 (metropcs) has is stuck on the samsung logo and continuously restarts, both the binary and system status indicate official, but on startup dm verity verification fail. When flashing, or attempting to flash with Odin it will recognize my device up until it is time to setup connection for the flashing process, then it gets stuck on “set up connection”, like literally I have left my phone connected 24hrs plus in attempt to complete the process to no avail. Problem is both adb and external memory are ???disabled????? WTH am I supposed to do and what is the issue??? How am I supposed to resolve this WITHOUT acquiring the help of “a phone guy”. I’m a diy chick and I am determined to do it myself, especially after all the time I have spent trying to do it myself. I’ve tried nearly every Odin version. Resorting to RealTerm method. Is there something that I am missing????
I got a big fat fail at the end. But my firmware download resulted in 5 MD5 files. I assumed I’d have to use the largest in Odin. Do I really need to go into Samsung now? It’s not a fun experience.
Yes, Unfortunately that is what you will need to do.
if i install the firmware via odin will it factory reset my phone? trying to save all the data before that happens. any way to do that first?
help please, i did everythinh that said this page, but when odin start with the process, it get stuck in “userdata”, i do not know why that happen, i have a sm_j7 pro. please help
I got a sm-j7 pro, and i do everything that said in this page, i follow every single step, but when odin start working, it get to a process and get stuck, when odin start analyzing “userdata”, get stuck, it long for 3 hours that process, please help
Thanks. Does this method loose the data on the phone. I did not flash or try to do anything with my original ROM one day, my phone went into boot loop and I read somewhere it said clear the cache, I clear the cache and then in showed dm-verity error. I could do the factory reset and/or your method but do not want to loose my data. Any help would be appreciated. Thx