BioProtect is the most popular Cydia Tweak for locking iPhone apps with Touch ID or Face ID. It has been updated recently to BioProtect XS and not supports iOS 12.4. Today I will show you how to lock your iPhone Apps with Touch ID or Face ID using BioProtect XS Free Repo. If you already have BioProtect, you should be able to upgrade to BioProtect XS for Free.
BioProtect XS Free Repo – Lock Any App with Touch / Face ID
For those of you who don’t know what is BioProtect and how it works, let me give you a brief overview of the features.
BioProtect is a paid Cydia Tweak which was released by Elias Limneous in 2014. This tweak allowed jailbreak users to lock any app on their iPhone using Touch ID. We all know the importance of privacy, and this became the reason for success of BioProtect.
The original version of BioProtect works on all iPhone and iPads running iOS 7, 8, 9, 10. If you are running iOS 11 on your iPhone or iPad, you can get the BioProtectX. And BioProtect XS was released for iOS 12 Jailbreak.
Features of BioProtect XS
- Add stylish protection to your applications and many other protectable items and prevent opening them unless you authenticate using your Face ID or Touch ID! (or enter a passcode, in devices that don’t support Touch ID)
- The most secure and yet fastest way to protect your applications, presented with a very cool UI.
- Touch ID needs less than a second to verify a correctly added fingerprint!
- Face ID needs even less!
- The tweak listens to application launch events or other protected items events and blocks them if they are listed as protected until you enter your Touch ID (or passcode)!
- You can configure it to protect access to applications, folders, settings panes, flipswitches, control center items, power down, SIM unlock and more!
- You can set a passcode as an alternative protection method (or as the only method in devices without TouchID sensor). The passcode is different than your device’s passcode! (or you could use the same)
BioProtect XS Free Repo
If you have been using Cydia for some time now, you will know how to use this Cydia Repo URL. Feel free to use the url given below as a free repo for BioProtect XS.
Repo URL: http://repo.hackyouriphone.org
How to use BioProtect XS Free Repo
- First of all, open Cydia and navigate to the Sources section from the bottom bar.
- Now select Edit from the top of the screen.
- Select Add and you will see a pop-up on your screen, asking you to enter the repo URL.
- Enter the given repo URL into the url field and press “Add Source”
- Now Cydia will start loading all the tweaks from the repo, wait for the progress to complete. After that, it will give you the option to “Return to Cydia” press it.
- Last step is to open the search section of Cydia and search for BioProtect XS. You should see more than 1 results. Select the one which is free to install.
- Install it and then press the “Restart Springboard” to complete the installation.
Now you can open the BioProtect XS settings from the Settings app on your iPhone and enable it for any number of apps.
That’s it for this quick tutorial on how to lock iPhone apps with Touch ID or Face ID using BioProtect XS Free Repo. This tutorial is also applicable on all the iOS version before iOS 12. Just install BioProtectX for iOS 11 and BioProtect for older versions. If you liked this tutorial and found it to be helpful, then make sure to share it with others and help us spread the word.