Recently we published a detailed guide on Fix you need permission to perform this action in windows 7, 8, 10 and now we’re going to list 3 working methods on This copy of windows is not genuine fix. Well as windows is kind of legendary operating system so it has a long list of errors(common and uncommon). But to be honest, it is the most used OS in industry and businesses simply can’t ignore it. And most of the time this error pops up when we’re doing some important work.
Well that’s really frustrating and I know about this frustration as I also use windows for managing Rev Kid and other tasks. I searched and perform various methods to fix windows not genuine error and was able to do it. So I thought why not share those 3 working methods here? Well enough talking lets come to our main topic that is This copy of windows is not genuine fix.
This copy of windows is not genuine fix
Before I begin listing the methods, I want you to tell a bit about this error that why this error occurs and why you need to solve it. This error usually arise in windows 7 build 7600 and build 7601. This not a genuine copy of windows 7 error mostly occurs when you’re using a pirated copy of windows and not a official one from Microsoft. Another reason for the cause of this error is that the windows gets outdated or expired. And this error can’t be ignore because this causes to decrease the overall productivity and performance of the pc. That is why you should solve it on urgent basis so you can work without frustrating useless popups.
These 3 working methods will work on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems. So just follow any of below methods to fix this copy of windows is not genuine error.
- Open the command prompt aka cmd.exe and type SLMGR -REARM(note that there is a space between dash and R). Now press Enter key and you’ll get a restart message.
- Click on Ok to restart your pc.
- Now after rebooting, you’ll notice that the error is now gone.
If this method is not working for you then you can try the second method below.
- Open control panel from start menu and click on System & Security.
- Now click on Windows update and then on View installed updates.
- Now search for KB971033 update and right click on it.
- Select Uninstall to remove it.
- Restart your pc.
You May Also Like: Top 10 web browsers for mac and windows
Still popup of that windows 7 not genuine error coming? Well the third method below will definitely work for you.
- Open Run by pressing Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- Type rsop.msc and hit Enter key.
- Now go to Windows settings > Security settings > System services.
- Here, look for Plug and Play and right click on it.
- Now locate Startup and click on Automatic.
- Again open Run by using the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + R.
- Type this command gpupdate /force and press Enter.
- Now restart your computer.
- Congrats. This error is now gone for forever.
For more clearing the steps, watch this video tutorial by Sandeep singh.
If you’ve followed all the steps correctly, you must be feeling good as you’ve successfully removed the windows is not genuine error. These methods are permanent fixes but you’ll have to make sure that you turn off automatic updates and don’t update it.
That is all from our today’s post on the error This copy of windows is not genuine fix. We hope that these methods helped you in solving the this windows is not genuine error. If you’ve any queries related to this post, you can comment them below. Be sure to share this on social media platforms. Also checkout our tips and tricks section for more stuff. Furthermore you can opt-in in our email list for receiving latest updates and posts from our site in your inbox. Thank you.