Best Ad Blocker App for Android & Fire Stick – [No Root]
Serving ads is one of the most widely used revenue model for many websites and mobile apps. In fact RevKid.com also serves ads. But sometimes, the developers have to show ads which get very annoying and start affecting the usability of the app. Especially on Android phones and Amazon Fire Stick, where you get annoyed with these ads. Most of the ad blockers work by making changes to the system files of Android, which requires root access. Today, I will be showing you, how you can get the best Ad Blocker on any Android device, including Fire Stick, without root.
Ad Blocker for Android & FireStick without root
For many of the Web & App developers, ads are the only source of income. That is why I do not recommend that you keep this ad blocker on, all the time. I would recommend you only turn the ad blocker ON, when the ads are too annoying or they are showing offensive/provocative content. For regular banner ads, like we use on our site, please keep the ad blocker off.
How to install ad blocker on Android without Root
The ad blocker we will be using is called Blokada. Unfortunately, it is not available in the Google Play Store, so we will need to manually download it and then install it.
- First of all, we will need to change some settings on our Android devices, so that it allows app installation from outside Google Play Store. To do this, open Settings and navigate to the Security section.
- Now turn ON, Unknown Sources. This is essential because Android, by default, blocks all the app Installations outside the play store.
- Next, you will need to download the latest version of Blokada ad blocker on your Android device. The download link for Blokada is given below.
- After the download has finished, open the APK file and press install on the Installation screen. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Now open the Blokada ad blocker and wait for a few seconds while the ad blocker loads the hosts completely.
- Next, you will need to turn off the Notifications option. Because Blokada will show you a notification for each ad it blocks. This can get super annoying very quickly.
- The last step is to press the power icon and allow the connection request.
Why Blokada is not on Google Play Store?
Basically, Blokada acts as a local VPN. This tricks the Android system into showing all the traffic data to Blokada. And then Blokada does analysis of the data and blocks all the known ad websites. Google doesn’t like The way Blokada works, that is why Google has not allowed it on the Play Store.
How to install Blokada add blocker on Amazon Fire Stick?
Installation of the ad blocker on an Amazon fire stick, makes more sense. This is because of the way the user interacts with it. The only way you can control the Amazon Fire Stick is by the remote. Now many ads will force the user to watch full video ads by blocking the remote input. Having an ad blocker can really save you from embarrassing & awkward situations.
Unfortunately, the Installation is a little more tricky and that is why I feel like you will be able to better follow it by following a video tutorial. Below I have added the ad blocker video tutorial that we just made.
That’s it for this tutorial on how to get ad blocker on Android phones & Amazon Fire TV Stick without root. If you liked this tutorial and found it to be helpful, then make sure to share it with others and also don’t forget to follow us on Twitter & YouTube for more updates.