A lot of people asked me how to use Periscope on a computer. Just in case if you don’t know, Periscope is a mobile app, developed by Twitter which you can use to come live publicly to interact with your followers. In this tutorial I will show you multiple ways to use Periscope for PC, some of the methods also work on Mac OS.
As I mentioned in the intro of this tutorial, Periscope is an app which allows you to go live for your Twitter followers publicly. Before I start showing you different ways to get Periscope for PC, let me show you some of the cool features of Periscope and then I will show you how to get it on PC.
Features of Periscope:
With this cool app, you can interact with different people live from around the world. When you first download Periscope app and open it up, you can register your new account or use Twitter account as well.
Once you are in, you can search for different celebrities and people that you follow on Twitter to interact with them in live sessions.
Interact with people from anywhere
As a person who likes to interact with people from different cultures, my favorite feature in periscope is the option to see all the live users on a global map. This way I can interact with users from different countries and see the real picture of that nation. Not the morphed view that media portrays.
If you want to become the next social media star or you are looking to increase your social followers then Periscope is the best app for you.
You can come live on Periscope from anywhere using your phone and show what you are up to. People around the world will start following you who are interested in your personality, your story or even your country.
Like if you are from Spain and people wanna know about Spain, you can become an unbiased reporter and increase your Twitter followers.
A lot of big brands host their events on Periscope for people worldwide who can not attend those events. Like if an event is happening in Paris, you can probably not go there just to attend that event. But the host can show you the event via Periscope.
You can also host Events on Periscope if you want to.
Get Periscope for PC:
There are a couple of different ways you can get it working and I will try to show you all of them. You can scroll down and find all the methods in the order of difficulty.
Periscope for PC using ARC Welder:
If you are using a Windows or Mac computer and you want to run Android apps on your computer then ARC Welder is the easiest way out. All you have to do is install Chrome Browser and follow the steps given below.
- Download Google Chrome browser on your Computer and launch it.
- Now go to this link and download the ARC Welder App for Google Chrome. Basically, this App runs inside Google Chrome and it takes any Android APK file and runs it on a Computer.
- The last thing you will need is the APK file for Periscope. You can use the Download link given below but if the APK file is older and doesn’t work for you then you can find the latest version here.
- Now open a new tab inside Google Chrome and click on the “Apps” button in the top left corner.
- From the Apps menu, Select ARC Welder and you will see a new Windows which looks like a mobile phone screen.
- Here you will need to select a folder where ARC Welder will keep it’s currently running files. I recommend that you select a folder inside C Drive.
- On the next screen, you will need to load the APK file for Periscope to run it on your Computer. Simply click the Plus button and select the Periscope APK file.
- Lastly, wait for it to load the APK file and then press the “Test” button.
If everything went well, Periscope app will start up and now you can use it just like you use it on your phone.
Periscope for PC using Emulators:
This method is I think the safest among all. Basically, you can rest assured that it will work no matter what. As you may or may not know, Periscope app is currently only available on iOS and Android. Unfortunately, there is no real iOS emulator for Windows that runs independently of your phone.
But there are a ton of different Android emulators available for both Windows as well as Mac OS. In this tutorial, I will recommend that you should use BlueStacks emulator.
- First of all, you will need to download the APK file for Periscope to run it inside BlueStacks Emulator.
- Now go to this link and here you will need to download BlueStacks emulator. Don’t worry, it is 100% Free and Safe to use.
- Once you have downloaded the BlueStacks emulator, open the installer file and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- After installing BlueStacks, open it up and setup your Google account in it. You can use any Google account. This step is just like when you get a new Android device and you have to go through the setup process.
- When you are on the home screen of the BlueStacks emulator, simply drag and drop the Periscope APK file that you downloaded earlier inside the emulator.
- The APK file installation will begin and once done, you can open it up and Periscope App will start working just like it does on your phone.
Using Screen mirroring
This is the least recommended method among all. That is because in this method you are actually running the app on your phone and mirroring the screen to your PC. I will not say that this method is any useful and it is just a workaround.
All you have to do is connect your phone to the computer and use programs like SideSync and control your phone using PC.
To conclude I can say that although their isn’t any official app for Periscope for PC, there are methods that you can use to Periscope on computer.
If you found this tutorial helpful then make sure to share it with others and also don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for more updates.